vrijdag 24 februari 2012

Boek - The Gift of Grace

Geschreven door Grace, een vijfjarig meisje dat geboren is zonder vingers aan haar rechterhand.

"Hello, my name is Grace.  I wrote my story when I was five years old. In my book I tell that I was born with a special hand.  The fingers on my right hand are smaller than the fingers on my left hand.  And instead of five fingers, I have four.

A wonderful artist, Nancy Moskovitz, has painted pictures of me to tell my story.  When I look at them, they take my breath away!  I bet they will do that to you.

Each book will donate funds to the Hands-to-Love camp in North Florida.  This camp was started by a hand surgeon - such as mine, who borrowed bones from my toes to make me fingers.  And you can't really tell when you look at my toes...which by the way I love to polish!"

Een kort interview met Grace is te zien op TheIndyChannel.

Hardback ISBN #: 978-1-4507-2003-8
Paperback ISBN #: 978-1-4507-5218-3

Bron + afbeelding: WildOnionPress

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten